Re: query locks up when run concurrently - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: query locks up when run concurrently
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/23/2016 10:41 PM, azhwkd wrote:
> The group ID is part of the primary key of the group_history table. My
> understanding is that two INSERTs with different group IDs should not
> collide in this case, or am I wrong in thinking this?

After fresh coffee:

In your first post you had this:
"(In the application this
query is run up to 10 times in parallel with different parameters)"

where the parameters look to be a timestamp and a group id.

Is it possible that the combination of parameters over the 10 different
queries is not actually selecting rows in each result set that are
unique over (group,id,sub_category,"date","hour") between result sets?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com