Re: Question regarding log files in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From lucas.gary@gmail.com
Subject Re: Question regarding log files in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi again, it's deployed to a Ubuntu image, but we're using chef to configure the box.  I know for a fact that chef starts and stops Postgresql multiple times during the install so I'm pretty sure the MAIN log is from the initial start, thank you too David G for pointing that out.

My next question is how is postgres picking the filename, but after doing a little investigation that mystery is cleared up too.

Thank you both for responding.  Now I just have to modify our logrotate script + blow away the accumulated cruft.

Gary