Re: pgsql: Add documentation for the JIT feature. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: pgsql: Add documentation for the JIT feature.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I agree.  In some email threads Andres has been using "JIT" as a verb,
> too, such as "JITing expressions" and such; that's a bit shocking, in a
> way.  Honestly I don't care in a pgsql-hackers thread, I mean we all
> understand what it means, but in user-facing docs and things we should
> use complete words, "JIT-compile", "JIT-compilation", "JIT-compiling"
> and so on.

Earlier today, I did some web searches to determine how people spell
"JITed" (Andres' spelling), and also found JITted, JIT-ed, JIT'd, and
jitted. No one agrees on that, but it seems very common to use "JIT"
as a verb. See the LLVM docs:

https://llvm.org/docs/DebuggingJITedCode.html

-John Naylor