Re: date with month and year - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brian Dunavant
Subject Re: date with month and year
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
> Postgres does not store the time zone. When storing a timestamp with time
> zone, it
> is normalized to UTC based on the timezone of the client. When you retrieve
> it,
> it is adjusted to the time zone of the client.

Sorry, I misspoke.  Thank you for correcting it.  It is storing it as
UTC time zone.  The rest of my post still applies.  You will get the
wrong wall-clock time for the future date because it is stored as UTC
and the conversion rules will have changed giving you a different time
when you convert it back to the local time zone.