Re: Recurring and non recurring events. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Waterson
Subject Re: Recurring and non recurring events.
Date
Re: Recurring and non recurring events.  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
Re: Recurring and non recurring events.  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks, as I am new to postgres, I was unaware of this function.
To go with this, I guess I will need a table with which to store intervals, start and end dates?

eg
CREATE table events(
    id serial primary key,
    start_timestamp timestamp,
    end_timestamp timestamp,
    interval

with dateRange as
  (
  SELECT min(start_timestamp) as first_date, max(start_timestamp) as last_date
  FROM events
  )
select
    generate_series(first_date, last_date, '1 hour'::interval)::timestamp as date_hour
from dateRange;

or something??

Kind regards
Kevin