Postgres Ubuntu Default Package vs Enterprise DB vs Compiled One - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sébastien Boutté
Subject Postgres Ubuntu Default Package vs Enterprise DB vs Compiled One
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

For my project, to be able to easily manage postgres instance and version, i want to install it in user's directory and launch by user also.

For my tests, I've got some issues with pg_restore on three differents installations.

First One : Ubuntu 15.10 Default Package
Second One : Enterprise Db installer with installation and data files stored in user's home.
Third One : Compiled Version Postgres with executable and data files stored in user's home.

All versions are 9.4.5.

My Backup is : 414 MB (Directory Archive)

Postgresql.conf modifications for all cases:
shared_buffers = 512MB
work_mem = 128MB # min 64kB
maintenance_work_mem = 512MB # min 1MB
fsync = off # turns forced synchronization on or off
synchronous_commit = off # synchronization level;
full_page_writes = off # recover from partial page writes
wal_buffers = 1024
checkpoint_segments = 64 # in logfile segments, min 1, 16MB each
checkpoint_timeout = 5min # range 30s-1h
checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9 # checkpoint target duration, 0.0 - 1.0
checkpoint_warning = 30s # 0 disables

Same Command for restore : pg_restore -d xxxx -j 4 -F d -U yyy -W backup

First One : Restore Time 1min53
Second One : Restore Time 3min48
Third One : Restore Time 2min51

I check files, encoding but i have not found any misconfiguration parameters.

What do i have to do to have the same performance in the first and the third ?
Is a problem with :
User Space / Kernel Space ?
Compilations options ?
LD Library ?