documenting tables version control - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Suresh Raja
Subject documenting tables version control
Date
Re: documenting tables version control  (PT <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
Re: documenting tables version control  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: documenting tables version control  (Tim Clarke <tim.clarke@manifest.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general
Hi All:

I have tables with different versions in the same schema.  Like
T1a, T1b, T1c
T2a, T2b, T2c, T2d
etc.

I'm interested in documenting various version of tables, may be in excel sheet or may be in another schema in the database.  I would like to store information on table name, column names, column order, pry key column etc.  Also is there a way I can reverse engineer from the database itself.

Let me know if anybody any suggestion or format that they used.  I appreciate all your help and shall be suitably acknowledged.

Thanks,
-Suresh Raja