Re: psqlodbc - SysTAble Prefixes issue - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From brajmohan saxena
Subject Re: psqlodbc - SysTAble Prefixes issue
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I feel this is introduces to consider some default ExtraSysTablePrefixes I am not sure in which case it will be used. As for as i understand there will be no User specific system table considered in Postgres prefixing with "dd_". So there is no point to keep this extra psqlODBC config parameter in future.

I can find it only at the following two places in the psqlodbc branch

1) in dlg_specific.h

          #define DEFAULT_EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES   "dd_"

2) In dlg_specific.c

      /* Extra Systable prefixes */

        /*
         * Use @@@ to distinguish between blank extra prefixes and no key
         * entry
         */
        SQLGetPrivateProfileString(section, INI_EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES, "@@@",
                                                           temp, sizeof(temp), filename);
        if (strcmp(temp, "@@@"))
                strcpy(comval->extra_systable_prefixes, temp);
        else if (inst_position)
                strcpy(comval->extra_systable_prefixes, DEFAULT_EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES);

        mylog("ci=%p globals.extra_systable_prefixes = '%s'\n", ci, comval->extra_systable_prefixes);

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Heikki Linnakangas
> I think we should remove the dd_ prefix from the default. Whatever it was
> originally used for, it's clearly obsolete at this point.

Stepping further, why don't we remove the ExtraSysTablePrefixes parameter?  I think we should simplify the driver usage for users by reducing the number of parameters, as well as reduce the code for psqlODBC developers.  I can understand the concern for incompatibility, but it's not sound to retain things of no good use.

I wonder whether EnterpriseDB uses this parameter for Oracle compatibility.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa