Re: psqlodbc - SysTAble Prefixes issue - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: psqlodbc - SysTAble Prefixes issue
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 11/15/2016 10:21 AM, brajmohan saxena wrote:
> I feel this is introduces to consider some default *ExtraSysTablePrefixes *I
> am not sure in which case it will be used. As for as i understand there
> will be no User specific system table considered in Postgres prefixing with
> "dd_". So there is no point to keep this extra psqlODBC config parameter in
> future.

The driver itself certainly doesn't need it for anything. I can see it
being useful for forks or extensions, that introduce "system" tables,
with a different prefix. Takayuki-san mentioned EnterpriseDB, and I know
Greenplum has some tables with the gp_* prefix, for which this might be
useful. I don't think either of those actually uses this feature, but it
might come handy.

So, I removed the "dd_*" from the default, but left the option in place.
Thanks!

- Heikki