Re: patch : Allow toast tables to be moved to a different tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: patch : Allow toast tables to be moved to a different tablespace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Julien Tachoires <julmon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

>> there is still a variant of this one, i created 3 tablespaces (datos_tblspc):
>>
>> """
>> create table t1 (
>>     i serial primary key,
>>     t text
>> ) tablespace datos_tblspc;
>>
>> ALTER TABLE t1 SET TOAST TABLESPACE pg_default;
>> CLUSTER t1 USING t1_pkey;
>> """
>
> I am not able to reproduce this case, could you show me exactly how to
> reproduce it ?

just as that...
- create a table in a certain tablespace (diferent from pg_default),
the toast table will be in the same tablespace,
- then change the tablespace to pg_default and
- then cluster the table...
the toast table will be again in the same tablespace as the main table

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación