Re: JSON for PG 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: JSON for PG 9.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Daniel Farina's message of lun dic 12 22:37:13 -0300 2011:

> * It'd be nice to pass intermediate in-memory representations rather
> than calling JSON.parse all the time, similar to OPAQUE except sound
> (so bogus pointers cannot be passed).  Basically, an "ephemeral type".
>  It could save a lot of when composing operators.  I've needed this
> for other projects, but for much the same reason.

I remember there was the idea of doing something like this for regexes
-- have a specialized data type that saves the trouble of parsing it.
I imagine this is pretty much the same.

Nobody got around to doing anything about it though.