Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 11/13/13, 12:17 AM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> I have rebased Michael Paquier's patch and did a few changes:
>>
>> * changed standby.enabled filename to recovery.trigger
>> * make archive_command a SIGHUP parameter again
>> * make restore_command a SIGHUP parameter
>> * rename restore_command variable to XLogRestoreCommand to match
>> XLogArchiveCommand
>
> Please check for compiler warnings in pg_basebackup:
>
> pg_basebackup.c:1109:1: warning: ‘escapeConnectionParameter’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
> pg_basebackup.c:1168:1: warning: ‘escape_quotes’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

those are functions that are no longer used but Josh considered they
could become useful before release.
i can put them inside #ifdef _NOT_USED_ decorations or just remove
them now and if/when we find some use for them re add them

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación