Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Borodin
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> But the opclass's consistent function might expect to be always given an
> untoasted input, in which case you'd need the decompress function to fix
> that up.

In cube data is detoasted at least 4 times before going to
g_cube_internal_consistent(), including once in g_cube_consistent()
But I'll address that in another patch.

Here's new version of the patch, with:
1. Corrected docs
2. Any combination of dompress\decompress\fetch is allowed
3. (Existence of fetch) or (absence of compress) leads to IOS

The last point seems counterintuitive, but I do not see anything wrong.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin, Octonica.