Re: Bug fix for tab completion of ALTER TABLE ... VALIDATE CONSTRAINT ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Bug fix for tab completion of ALTER TABLE ... VALIDATE CONSTRAINT ...
Date
Re: Bug fix for tab completion of ALTER TABLE ... VALIDATE CONSTRAINT ...  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi David,

> I noticed that $subject completes with already valid constraints,
> please find attached a patch that fixes it. I noticed that there are
> other places constraints can be validated, but didn't check whether
> similar bugs exist there yet.

There was a typo in the patch ("... and and not convalidated"). I've fixed it. Otherwise the patch passes all the tests and works as expected:

eax=# create table foo (x int);
CREATE TABLE
eax=# alter table foo add constraint bar check (x < 3) not valid;
ALTER TABLE
eax=# alter table foo add constraint baz check (x <> 5) not valid;
ALTER TABLE
eax=# alter table foo validate constraint ba
bar baz
eax=# alter table foo validate constraint bar;
ALTER TABLE

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev