Re: BUG #18556: Parallel operation error during CREATE TABLE AS statement - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: BUG #18556: Parallel operation error during CREATE TABLE AS statement
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

> They seem to think there's basically no way to fix this with the current extension APIs. If someone here happens to
knowa workaround, I'm sure they would be receptive.

To my knowledge TableAM was never designed to build columnar storages.
The main idea was implementing an undo-logged engine and maybe
index-organized tables.

If Hydra developers know how to improve TableAMs in order to make
columnar storage implementation easier / more efficient I'm certain
their input will be welcomed in the pgsql-hackers@ mailing list.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev