Re: Patch: shouldn't timezone(text, timestamp[tz]) be STABLE? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Patch: shouldn't timezone(text, timestamp[tz]) be STABLE?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply.

> I don't see a lot of argument for treating tzdata changes differently
> from OS locale changes.

Got it. But in this case, what's your opinion on the differences between date_trunc() and timezone()? Shouldn't date_trunc() be always IMMUTABLE as well?

I can see pros and cons to be IMMUTABLE _or_ STABLE when dealing with time zones, but at least PostgreSQL should be consistent in this, right?

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev