Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Greg,

> > These patches that are "Needs Review" and have received no comments at
> > all since before March 1st are these. If your patch is amongst this
> > list I would suggest any of:
> >
> > 1) Move it yourself to the next CF (or withdraw it)
> > 2) Post to the list with any pending questions asking for specific
> > feedback -- it's much more likely to get feedback than just a generic
> > "here's a patch plz review"...
> > 3) Mark it Ready for Committer and possibly post explaining the
> > resolution to any earlier questions to make it easier for a committer
> > to understand the state

Sorry for the late reply. It was a busy week. I see several patches I
authored and/or reviewed in the list. I would like to comment on
those.

* Avoid use deprecated Windows Memory API

We can reject or mark as RwF this one due to controversy and the fact
that the patch doesn't currently apply. I poked the author today.

* Clarify the behavior of the system when approaching XID wraparound

This is a wanted [1][see the discussion] and a pretty straightforward
change. I think it should be targeting PG16.

* Compression dictionaries

This one doesn't target PG16. Moved to the next CF.

* Add pg_stat_session

This patch was in good shape last time I checked but other people had
certain questions. The author hasn't replied since Feb 16th. So it's
unlikely to end up in PG6 and I suggest moving it to the next CF,
unless anyone objects.

* ResourceOwner refactoring

IMO this one still has a chance to make it to PG16. Let's keep it in
the CF for now.

Additionally:

* Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 16

Is not going to make it to PG16, moving to the next CF.

* Pluggable toaster

The discussion is happening in the "Compression dictionaries" thread
now, since we decided to join our efforts in this area, see the latest
messages. I suggest marking this thread as RwF, unless anyone objects.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAH2-Wz%3D3mmHST-t9aR5LNkivXC%2B18JD_XC0ht4y5LQBLzq%2Bpsg%40mail.gmail.com

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev