Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Date
Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
>> These patches that are "Needs Review" and have received no comments at
>> all since before March 1st are these.

Just a couple of comments on ones that caught my eye:

>> * Simplify find_my_exec by using realpath(3)

The problem with this one is that Peter would like it to do something
other than what I think it should do.  Not sure how to resolve that.

>> * Fix assertion failure with next_phase_at in snapbuild.c

This one, and others that are bug fixes, probably deserve more slack.

>> * Periodic burst growth of the checkpoint_req counter on replica.

There is recent discussion of this one no?

>> * Fix ParamPathInfo for union-all AppendPath

I pushed this yesterday.

>> * Add OR REPLACE option for CREATE OPERATOR

I think this one should be flat-out rejected.

>> * Partial aggregates push down

You've listed a lot of small features here that still have time to
get some love --- it's not like we're hard up against the end of the CF.
If they'd been in Waiting on Author state for awhile, I'd agree with
booting them, but not when they're in Needs Review.

>> * Set arbitrary GUC options during initdb

I do indeed intend to push this one on my own authority at some point,
but I'm happy to leave it there for now in case anyone wants to take
another look.

>> * Check lateral references within PHVs for memoize cache keys

I think this one is a bug fix too.

>> * Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in
>> publication

Isn't there active discussion of this one?

>> * Improve pg_bsd_indent's handling of multiline initialization expressions

This is going to get pushed, it's just waiting until the commitfest
settles.  I guess you can move it to the next one if you want, but
that won't accomplish much.