Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Si Chen
<sichen@opensourcestrategies.com> wrote:
> The state is "idle".  I don't have the state_change, but I will try to
> collect it if it happens again.

If they are idle, then the problem is probably with your application
-- you're grabbing new connections and not closing them or reusing
them.  It's a very common problem.  The 'query' when idle represents
the last query run -- the database finished it and is sitting around.

merlin