Re: json functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: json functions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Jayadevan M
<jayadevan.maymala@ibsplc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have PostgreSQL 9.2.1. I can see a few json functions under pg_catalog,
> json_send, for example. But I can’t find any documentation. Am I missing
> something?

json_send like all send functions is internal.  Not all functions
available in the catalog are exposed through SQL -- for example they
may be used to serialize data for transmission over the wire.  If you
can handle C you can hunt down the location of the function to see
what it does (which isn't much since json is an already serialized
format).

merlin