Re: json functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jayadevan M
Subject Re: json functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
>json_send like all send functions is internal.  Not all functions available in the
>catalog are exposed through SQL -- for example they may be used to serialize
>data for transmission over the wire.  If you can handle C you can hunt down
>the location of the function to see what it does (which isn't much since json is
>an already serialized format).
OK. That explains it. I was wondering why we have quite a few functions under pg_catalog and just a few in the
documentation.Thank you.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER: "The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed
andmay contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the
senderand destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees
theaccuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is not liable
forany errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."