Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2
Date
Re: Query completed in < 1s in PG 9.1 and ~ 700s in PG 9.2  (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas <rr.rosas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas
<rr.rosas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Em 06-11-2012 19:11, Merlin Moncure escreveu:

>>> No objection.
>>
>> hm, wouldn't timing the time to generate a raw EXPLAIN (that is,
>> without ANALYZE) give a rough estimate of planning time?   better to
>> rule it out before OP goes to the trouble...
>
> This was a great guess! Congrats, Merlin:

Heh -- that was tom's guess, not mine.  What this does is confirm the
planner regression and that elevates the importance of Tom's request
to get sample data so we (he) can fix it.

merlin