Re: Fix some newly modified tab-complete changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Smith
Subject Re: Fix some newly modified tab-complete changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 1:28 AM shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 2:12 PM shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com <shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 4:17 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > But, while testing I noticed another different quirk
> > >
> > > It seems that neither the GRANT nor the REVOKE auto-complete
> > > recognises the optional PRIVILEGE keyword
> > >
> > > e.g. GRANT ALL <tab> --> ON  (but not PRIVILEGE)
> > > e.g. GRANT ALL PRIV<tab> --> ???
> > >
> > > e.g. REVOKE ALL <tab> --> ON (but not PRIVILEGE)..
> > > e.g. REVOKE ALL PRIV<tab> --> ???
> > >

> > I tried to add tab-completion for it. Pleases see attached updated patch.

Hi Shi-san,

I re-tested and confirm that the patch does indeed fix the quirk I'd
previously reported.

But, looking at the patch code, I don't know if it is the best way to
fix the problem or not. Someone with more experience of the
tab-complete module can judge that.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.