Re: Out-of-memory error reports in libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Smith
Subject Re: Out-of-memory error reports in libpq
Date
Re: Out-of-memory error reports in libpq  (Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
(This is not a code review - this is just to satisfy my curiosity)

I've seen lots of code like this where I may have been tempted to use
a ternary operator for readability, so I was wondering is there a PG
convention to avoid such ternary operator assignments, or is it simply
a personal taste thing, or is there some other reason?

For example:

if (msg)
  res->errMsg = msg;
else
  res->errMsg = libpq_gettext("out of memory\n");

VERSUS:

res->errMsg = msg ? msg : libpq_gettext("out of memory\n");

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia