Re: Can't terminate hung COPY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Rees
Subject Re: Can't terminate hung COPY
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Martín Marqués
<martin.marques@gmail.com> wrote:
> What happens if you use COPY ... FROM with the same data?

I will try that, but if you look at pg_stat_activity the full command
is a COPY <table> (<columns), FROM STDIN.

> Are you sure the process hangs (strange thing is that you can't
> terminate the backend)? Could it be that it looks like it hung, but
> it's actually COPYing a huge chunk of data?

The file that psql is reading from is tiny - less than 3kB so that's
definitely not the issue...

-Dave