Sharing data between stored functions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From inspector morse
Subject Sharing data between stored functions?
Date
List pgsql-general
I have written a simple web application using pure pl/pgsql and so far it is working really well (I find it quite easy to maintain as well especially in terms of form validation).

Basically, apache/php passes receives the incoming web request and calls a "serve_page" function in postgresql passing the querystring and post values.

The serve_page declares 5 temporary tables to store querystring values, post values, validation messages, and general data that is going to be shared between the functions.

Then it parses the page url and calls the appropriate "page render" stored function.

Throughout the "building" the web page, several of the temporary tables are written too (about 20-30 rows total would be add to the temporary table).

Once the page "html" is built, the temporary tables are dropped and the HTML is sent back to php to write to the response stream.

I read in the documentation that temporary tables can cause catalog bloat or performance issues.....in my context (where only 20-30 rows are written every request and the table is dropped after rending), could it cause an issue for many incoming requests?