Re: Master slave replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From arvind chikne
Subject Re: Master slave replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thanks  Johannes,

It would be really great if you can share any log shipping method for master slave replication, step by step guide is much appreciated.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:11 AM, Johannes Truschnigg <johannes@truschnigg.info> wrote:
On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 11:29:22PM +0530, arvind chikne wrote:
> HI All,
>
> From the past few years I am working on standalone postgres database, but
> now want to setup the master slave (Active-passive) and master master
> (Active-Active) replication of the postgres database, can any one suggest
> me how can I archive the same, any good document is much appreciate.

For creating a streaming replication slave from scratch, check out the
`pg_basebackup` tool. Exercised right, it will even create a suitable
recovery.conf for running a slave instance from the backup it creates. You
should also check out Zalando's patroni[0], which is a popular solution for
providing automatic failover capabilities for postgres master/slave-pairs.

Postgres doesn't support multi-master replication; if you're interested in
exploring this anyway, take a look at the BDR project[1].

[0]: https://github.com/zalando/patroni
[1]: https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/postgres-bdr-2ndquadrant/

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@truschnigg.info )

www:   https://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes@truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.

--
Thanks & Regards
Arvind rao chikne