Re: Master slave replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Johannes Truschnigg
Subject Re: Master slave replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 11:29:22PM +0530, arvind chikne wrote:
> HI All,
>
> From the past few years I am working on standalone postgres database, but
> now want to setup the master slave (Active-passive) and master master
> (Active-Active) replication of the postgres database, can any one suggest
> me how can I archive the same, any good document is much appreciate.

For creating a streaming replication slave from scratch, check out the
`pg_basebackup` tool. Exercised right, it will even create a suitable
recovery.conf for running a slave instance from the backup it creates. You
should also check out Zalando's patroni[0], which is a popular solution for
providing automatic failover capabilities for postgres master/slave-pairs.

Postgres doesn't support multi-master replication; if you're interested in
exploring this anyway, take a look at the BDR project[1].

[0]: https://github.com/zalando/patroni
[1]: https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/postgres-bdr-2ndquadrant/

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@truschnigg.info )

www:   https://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes@truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.

Attachment