odd behavior in materialized view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject odd behavior in materialized view
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

When I accessed the materialized view in the standby server,
I got the following ERROR message. Looks odd to me. Is this a bug?
   ERROR:  materialized view "hogeview" has not been populated   HINT:  Use the REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW command.

The procedure to reproduce this error message is:

In the master server:   CREATE TABLE hoge (i int);   INSERT INTO hoge VALUES (generate_series(1,100));   CREATE
MATERIALIZEDVIEW hogeview AS SELECT * FROM hoge;   DELETE FROM hoge;   REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW hogeview;   SELECT
count(*)FROM hogeview;

In the standby server   SELECT count(*) FROM hogeview;

SELECT count(*) goes well in the master, and expectedly returns 0.
OTOH, in the standby, it emits the error message.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao