Re: Reporting WAL file containing checkpoint's REDO record in pg_controldata's result - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Reporting WAL file containing checkpoint's REDO record in pg_controldata's result
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 6:13 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>> Might it be a good idea to put it on it's own row instead of changing
>>> the format of an existing row, in order not to break scripts and
>>> programs that are parsing the previous output?
>>
>> Good idea! What row name should we use for the WAL file containing
>> REDO record? "Latest checkpoint's REDO file"?
>
> Sounds good to me.  I like the idea, too.  The status quo is an
> unnecessary nuisance, so this will be a nice usability improvement.

Attached patch adds new row "Latest checkpoint's REDO WAL segment:" into
the result of pg_controldata. I used the term "WAL segment" for the row name
instead of "file" because "WAL segment" is used in another row "Bytes per WAL
segment:". But better name?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao