Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Syed, Rahila <Rahila.Syed@nttdata.com> wrote:
> Hello ,
>
>>I've not read this logic yet, but ISTM there is a bug in that new WAL format because I got the following error and
thestartup process could not replay any WAL records when I set up replication and enabled wal_compression.

>>LOG:  record with invalid length at 0/30000B0
>>LOG:  record with invalid length at 0/3000518
>>LOG:  Invalid block length in record 0/30005A0
>>LOG:  Invalid block length in record 0/3000D60 ...
>
> Please fine attached patch which replays WAL records.

Even this patch doesn't work fine. The standby emit the following
error messages.

LOG:  invalid block_id 255 at 0/30000B0
LOG:  record with invalid length at 0/30017F0
LOG:  invalid block_id 255 at 0/3001878
LOG:  record with invalid length at 0/30027D0
LOG:  record with invalid length at 0/3002E58

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao