Re: BUG #6423: max_standby_streaming_delay does not work - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: BUG #6423: max_standby_streaming_delay does not work
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:35 PM,  <139669962@qq.com> wrote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A06423
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Weiyu Zhao
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0139669962@qq.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.6
> Operating system: =A0 Redhat 5.5 x86_64
>
> The parameter max_standby_streaming_delay does not work. The parameter is
> set 30s. My queries' duration is about 7 or 8 seconds. I still encounter
> errors:
> CSTFATAL: =A0terminating connection due to conflict with recovery
> CSTDETAIL: =A0User query might have needed to see row versions that must =
be
> removed.
> CSTHINT: =A0In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database a=
nd
> repeat your command.
> I have a test case, but I don't know how to upload it.

The following note in the document would help:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/runtime-config-replication.html=
#GUC-MAX-STANDBY-STREAMING-DELAY
---------------
Note that max_standby_streaming_delay is not the same as the maximum
length of time a query can run before cancellation; rather it is the
maximum total time allowed to apply WAL data once it has been received
from the primary server. Thus, if one query has resulted in
significant delay, subsequent conflicting queries will have much less
grace time until the standby server has caught up again.

Regards,

--=20
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center