Re: Cluster name in ps output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Cluster name in ps output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com> wrote:

>> Committed with the above changes. Thanks for the contribution!
>
> Is there a reason for not using this in synchronous_standby_names,
> perhaps falling back to application_name if not set?

You mean that if synchronous_standby_names is an empty it automatically
should be set to cluster_name? Or, you mean that if application_name is not
set in primary_conninfo the standby should automatically use its cluster_name
as application_name in primary_conninfo? I'm afraid that those may cause
the trouble such as that standby is unexpectedly treated as synchronous one
even though a user want to set up it as asynchronous one by emptying
synchronous_standby_names in the master.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao