Re: The command tag of "ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW RENAME COLUMN" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: The command tag of "ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW RENAME COLUMN"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 4:40 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 02:17:03PM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
> > Do we really need a regression test cases for such small oversights?
>
> It is possible to get the command tags using an event trigger...  But
> that sounds hack-ish.

Yes, so if simple test mechanism to check command tag exists,
it would be helpful.

I'm thinking to commit the patch. But I have one question; is it ok to
back-patch? Since the patch changes the command tags for some commands,
for example, which might break the existing event trigger functions
using TG_TAG if we back-patch it. Or we should guarantee the compatibility of
command tag within the same major version?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao