Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:22 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 10/9/14 1:58 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> Also I think that it's useful to allow ALTER ROLE/DATABASE SET to
>> set PGC_BACKEND and PGC_SU_BACKEND parameters. So, what
>> about applying the attached patch? This patch allows that and
>> changes the context of session_preload_libraries to PGC_SU_BACKEND.
>
> After looking through this again, I wonder whether there is any reason
> why ignore_system_indexes cannot be plain PGC_USERSET.  With this
> change, we'd allow setting it via ALTER ROLE, but the access to
> pg_db_role_setting happens before it.

Even without the patch, we can set ignore_system_indexes
at the startup of the connection because it's defined with
PGC_BACKEND context, but the access to system tables
can happen before that. Am I missing something?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao