Re: pg_waldump and PREPARE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: pg_waldump and PREPARE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 4:16 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 01:21:28PM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> > Thanks for the review! You are right.
> > I fixed this issue in the attached patch.
>
> The proposed format looks fine to me.  I have just one comment.  All
> three callers of standby_desc_invalidations() don't actually need to
> print any data if there are zero messages, so you can simplify a bit
> xact_desc_commit() and xact_desc_prepare() regarding the check on
> parsed.nmsgs, no?

Thanks for the review! But probably I failed to understand your point...
Could you clarify what actual change is necessary? You are thinking that
the check of "parsed.nmsgs >= 0" should be moved to the inside of
standby_desc_invalidations()?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao