Re: proposal: pg_restore --convert-to-text - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: proposal: pg_restore --convert-to-text
Date
RE: proposal: pg_restore --convert-to-text
Re: proposal: pg_restore --convert-to-text
List pgsql-hackers
Em qua, 27 de fev de 2019 às 23:48, Imai, Yoshikazu
<imai.yoshikazu@jp.fujitsu.com> escreveu:

> Is there no need to rewrite the Description in the Doc to state we should specify either -d or -f option?
> (and also it might be better to write if -l option is given, neither -d nor -f option isn't necessarily needed.)

I don't think so. The description is already there (see "pg_restore
can operate in two modes..."). I left -l as is which means that
'pg_restore -l foo.dump' dumps to standard output and 'pg_restore -f -
-l foo.dump' has the same behavior).

> I think the former one looks like pretty, but which one is preffered?

I don't have a style preference but decided to change to your
suggestion. New version attached.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

Attachment