Re: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Venkata Balaji Nagothi
Subject Re: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 4:38 AM, <Michael.buccetti@airgas.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      9604
> Logged by:          Michael Buccetti
> Email address:      Michael.buccetti@airgas.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.0
> Operating system:   OpenSuse
>
> We have a java web app running on Tomcat 7 that accesses data on a Postgres
> database.  For some reason, we get the following error unexpectedly,
> causing
> a crucial database query to fail:
>
> ERROR: could not open file "base/16397/106156081": No such file or
> directory.

Could you please help us know if the above file is missing from the
location ( data-directory/base/16397 ) on the host where the database is
hosted ?

You might be knowing this : The file "106156081" belongs to a particular
table in the database with OID 16397.

If you have audit logs - did you notice if the file was accidentally
deleted or may be file system permissions/ownership has changed ?

Or any activity has happened which would not let the database user access
the file from the OS level ?

Regards,
Venkata Balaji N

Sr. Database Administrator