Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 6:32 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hm.  I'm starting to get the feeling that the real problem here is
> we've "optimized" the system to the point where repeatable results
> from VACUUM are impossible :-(

I don't think that there is any fundamental reason why VACUUM cannot
have repeatable results.

Anyway, I suppose it's possible that problems reappeared here due to
some other patch. Something else could have broken Andres' earlier
band aid solution (which was to set synchronous_commit=on in
test_setup).

Is there any patch that could plausibly have had that effect, whose
commit fits with our timeline for the problems seen on wrasse?

--
Peter Geoghegan