Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> Anyway, I suppose it's possible that problems reappeared here due to
> some other patch. Something else could have broken Andres' earlier
> band aid solution (which was to set synchronous_commit=on in
> test_setup).

That band-aid only addressed the situation of someone having turned
off synchronous_commit in the first place; which is not the case
on wrasse or most/all other buildfarm animals.  Whatever we're
dealing with here is something independent of that.

> Is there any patch that could plausibly have had that effect, whose
> commit fits with our timeline for the problems seen on wrasse?

I already enumerated my suspects, back at the top of this thread.