Re: logtape.c stats don't account for unused "prefetched" block numbers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: logtape.c stats don't account for unused "prefetched" block numbers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 6:29 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I'll probably close out this open item tomorrow. I need to think about
> it some more, but right now everything looks good. I think I'll
> probably end up pushing a commit with more explanatory comments.

That said, we still need to make sure that the preallocation
instrumentation for HashAggs-that-spill is sensible -- it has to
actually match the temp file size.

It would be awkward if we just used nBlocksWritten within
LogicalTapeSetBlocks() in the case where we didn't preallocate (or in
all cases). Not entirely sure what to do about that just yet.

--
Peter Geoghegan