Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 12:20 PM, Benjamin Scherrey
<scherrey@proteus-tech.com> wrote:
> I keep hearing this claim. I've followed up and tried to verify them. Sorry
> but "trust me" doesn't cut it here any more than "trust me this will make
> Postgres go faster" would on a code change. What's the context for this?
> What evidence do we have that indicates this CoC would have likely resulted
> in a different outcome? Without that then your claim does not even rise up
> to the standard of theoretical. Frankly this claim does not seem very
> plausible to me at all. Let's try to keep our standards here.

Whose standards are these? By my count, the majority of e-mails you've
ever sent to a PostgreSQL mailing list have been sent in the last 2
days, to this code of conduct thread.

--
Peter Geoghegan