Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 2:55 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah.  I'm not much on board with the AHX->A and AH->A changes you made;
> those seem extremely invasive and it's not real clear that they add a
> lot of value.

That makes it easy, then. I'll just take the least invasive approach
possible with pg_dump: treat the names from function definitions as
authoritative, and mechanically adjust the function declarations as
needed to make everything agree.

The commit message for this will note in passing that the
inconsistency that this creates at the header file level is a known
issue.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan