Re: [BUGS] Problem with PostgreSQL string sorting - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [BUGS] Problem with PostgreSQL string sorting
Date
Re: [BUGS] Problem with PostgreSQL string sorting  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I believe most versions of libc use declarative specifications of locale
> properties, so if you wanted to spend some time learning the language in
> which those are written, you could make and install a locale that acts
> like you want.  It's possible there's one out there already, because
> a lot of people seem to want that.

True. And, the declarative language glibc uses doesn't look that
complicated to me. However, you'd really have to vendor your own glibc
to make this work, since they are compiled to some binary
representation when glibc is built. That's probably prohibitively
complicated to manage.

--
Peter Geoghegan