Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 8:18 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> The remaining patch are the warnings in vac_update_relstats(), correct?  I
> guess one could argue they should be LOG rather than WARNING, but I find the
> project stance on that pretty impractical. So warning's ok with me.

Right. The reason I used WARNINGs was because it matches vaguely
related WARNINGs in vac_update_relstats()'s sibling function,
vacuum_set_xid_limits().

> Not sure why you used errmsg_internal()?

The usual reason for using errmsg_internal(), I suppose. I tend to do
that with corruption related messages on the grounds that they're
usually highly obscure issues that are (by definition) never supposed
to happen. The only thing that a user can be expected to do with the
information from the message is to report it to -bugs, or find some
other similar report.

--
Peter Geoghegan