Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-04-04 19:32:13 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 10:54 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> > I also refined the WARNING patch in v15. It now actually issues
> > WARNINGs (rather than PANICs, which were just a temporary debugging
> > measure in v14).
>
> Going to commit this remaining patch tomorrow, barring objections.

The remaining patch are the warnings in vac_update_relstats(), correct?  I
guess one could argue they should be LOG rather than WARNING, but I find the
project stance on that pretty impractical. So warning's ok with me.

Not sure why you used errmsg_internal()?

Otherwise LGTM.

Greetings,

Andres Freund