Re: A potential memory leak on Merge Join when Sort node is not below Materialize node - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: A potential memory leak on Merge Join when Sort node is not below Materialize node
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 4:00 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I am reminded of the discussion that led to bugfix commit c2d4eb1b
> some years back.

Also potentially relevant: the 2017 commit fa117ee4 anticipated adding
a "copy" argument to tuplesort_getdatum() (the same commit added such
a "copy" argument to tuplesort_gettupleslot()). I see that that still
hasn't happened to tuplesort_getdatum() all these years later. Might
be a good idea to do it in the next year or two, though.

If David is interested in pursuing this now then I certainly won't object.

--
Peter Geoghegan