Re: Context diffs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Context diffs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 11:07 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> *  "git apply" and "git am" can't process context diffs (they throw an
>    error once a context-like section of the diff is hit; simple
>    adding/removing lines in a block works)

I think that this is the big issue for me. I really find it convenient
to use "git format-patch" to produce patches for complicated long
lived projects -- having commit messages and explicit ordering of
multiple patches is really helpful. I've come to prefer unified,
perhaps as a result of using "git format-patch" so much.

--
Peter Geoghegan