Re: gen_random_uuid() is immutable in Pg 13devel - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: gen_random_uuid() is immutable in Pg 13devel
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 12:01 PM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> That makes me wonder what should be the default --- and should there
> even *be* a default in the first place?  Maybe it's better to make
> everyone *think* about it every time rather than hoping we'll all
> remember, and frequently having it got wrong.

I'd say that there is a good argument for that. Though note that
opr_sanity.sql does a good job of detecting functions that are not
marked immutable, but need to be -- things like indexable operators,
pg_amproc entries, etc.

--
Peter Geoghegan