Re: Deleting older versions in unique indexes to avoid page splits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Deleting older versions in unique indexes to avoid page splits
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 12:19 PM Victor Yegorov <vyegorov@gmail.com> wrote:
> (see attached diff). It doesn't look like the fault of this patch, though.
>
> I suppose you plan to send another revision before committing this.
> Therefore I didn't perform any tests here, will wait for the next version.

I imagine that this happened because you have track_io_timing=on in
postgresql.conf. Doesn't the same failure take place with the current
master branch?

I have my own way of running the locally installed Postgres when I
want "make installcheck" to pass that specifically accounts for this
(and a few other similar things).

--
Peter Geoghegan